CRYSTAL ONYX Cave is one of the most beautiful caves in the USA. The lighting is exceptional and designed to show our beautiful formations. The cave was discovered by prehistoric people about 680 BCE. Rediscovered by modern man in 1960. Come visit us for a one hour tour. We are under the cell phone towers on Prewitts Knob. We also have a gift and mineral shop stocked with neat stuff.
Open 10 am to 7 pm Central time.
The latest articles about Crystal Onyx Cave:
Good to know before you go:
2019 Cave Schedule:
- Open everyday now through Oct. 31, 10 am to 7 pm central time.
- No reservations needed. One hour tours on approx. 35 minute departures.
- Off season: check the website for current info or call (270) 773-3377
- Prices: Adults $15, Children 4 to12 – $13. Cash or Credit cards (there is a 3% charge for credit cards). The lowest price one hour formation filled cave tour around.
- Not handicap accessible, approx.100 steps
- Note: there is another local cave using a similar name. We are CRYSTAL ONYX established 1960. 2 miles east of I-65
One of our reviews: Beautiful Close-up Experience!
“This cave blew me away from my very first steps into the dramatic entry way. The walkways and lighting are beautifully done throughout the cave, with amazing features at every turn. Our small group was privileged to have one of the owners as guide. His commentary reflected the joy and pride he has in this special place. I’ve toured several caves, including the nearby bigger one, but none has captured my heart like this one. There’s so much bang for your buck to be enjoyed here!”
DIRECTIONS to CRYSTAL ONYX Cave
We are under the cell towers atop historic Prewitts Knob. From I-65 take exit 53. Head southeast on KY-90. Go straight at the lights. DO NOT follow your GPS or AppleMap onto US 31-W. Follow KY 90 two miles to Prewitts Knob Road. Turn right at our sign and go up hill 1/4 mile. 425 Prewitts Knob Road, Cave City, KY 42127.
Professional photos courtesy of Matt McClintock.