Crystal Onyx Cave is one of the most beautiful caves in the USA. The lighting is exceptional and designed to show our beautiful formations. The cave was discovered by prehistoric people about 680 BCE. Rediscovered by modern man in 1960. Come visit us for a one hour tour. We are under the cell phone towers on Prewitts Knob. We also have a gift and mineral shop stocked with neat stuff.
Don’t worry about storms, this cave won’t flood because we are at the top of the knob. We stay open.
Great News: The cave will remain open until November 11th.
Read the latest newspaper articles about Crystal Onyx Cave:
Good to know before you go:
- Location: 425 Prewitts Knob Road, Cave City, KY
- Hours: 11 am Central, to 8 pm Central daily though November 11, 2018.
- Cost: $13 for each person, that is the children’s rate, for our opening season.
- Children under 5 are free.
- Temporary toilet facilities, please go before you visit us.
- Please don’t bring handbags, other packs or drinks into the cave.
- Wear sturdy shoes and clothes that may get dirty and wet.
- Contact us after Veterans Day, November 11, for tours.
- Phone (270)773-3377.
DIRECTIONS to Crystal Onyx Cave
We are under the cell towers atop historic Prewitts Knob. From I-65 take exit 53. Head southeast on KY-90. Go straight at the lights. DO NOT follow your GPS or AppleMap onto US 31-W. Follow KY 90 two miles to Prewitts Knob Road. Turn right at our sign and go up hill 1/4 mile. 425 Prewitts Knob Road, Cave City, KY 42127.
Professional photos courtesy of Matt McClintock.